Makes 8-12 scones depending on how big you make them
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Milk (or your non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups GF All Purpose Flour (My favorite is Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Agave (you can use up to a 1/2 cup depending on how sweet you want them)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Berries of Your Choice (I had a bag of frozen mixed berries)
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Measure out the milk and add the vinegar to it. Set aside to curdle.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil, then use your fingers or a whisk to cut it into the flour until it appears like small pebbles.
Create a well in the center and add the milk, agave, and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon just a bit, then add in the berries. Mix again until everything is moistened, but don’t overmix.
Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup or an ice cream scoop to scoop the scones out on to the baking sheet.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until tops are firm to the touch and lightly browned. Enjoy!