I have been ravenous for the past few days. It probably has something to do with the extreme cold. I wanted some healthy comfort food… So fried rice it is!
- 1 cup cooked and cooled Brown Rice
- 1 Green Onion, diced
- 1 medium sized Carrots, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shelled Green Peas (I used frozen)
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos (or Tamari or Braggs Liquid Aminos, depending on your preferences)
- 2 tsp Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp Brown Rice Vinegar
- pinch of Cayenne (optional)
Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Once oil has warmed, add garlic and green onion. Saute for one minute, then add carrots. Saute until carrots begin to tenderize, then add peppers, mushrooms, and peas. Saute until all vegetables are cooked through and begin to brown slightly. Add rice and all remaining ingredients. Saute until heated through and beginning to brown. If you wish, you may add additional oil when adding the rice for a crispier texture. Serve and enjoy!