Everyone around me has been falling ill. Including myself. So I cooked a pot of soup and filled it with all sorts of ingredients that would help my immune system. It’s great whether or not you’re sick.
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece Ginger, minced and peeled
- 1 inch piece Turmeric Root, minced and peeled
- 1/8 cup Burdock Root, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 Yellow Onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 medium sized Carrot, chopped
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Kale, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Arame, soak for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp Umeboshi Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Miso (I use Chickpea Miso to avoid soy)
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- Water as needed
Heat stockpot over medium heat. Pour in one cup filtered water.
Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, and burdock. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Add onion. Simmer until translucent. Add carrots, shiitake, and salt, as well as more water if needed. Simmer until just tender.
Add kale, cabbage, Umeboshi vinegar, and arame. simmer until tender.
Reduce heat to low for a few minutes, then add miso. Allow miso to dissolve.
Serve, enjoy, and heal.