I’ve been making this for some of the folks I work with, and it’s been a big hit, so I thought I’d share. Also, it makes your home smell amazing while it’s on the stove. These spices are so warming and wonderful… Perfect for winter.
- 10 Cardamom Pods, gently crushed
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 Whole Allspice
- 3 Star Anise
- 2 Vanilla Beans, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 8 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 4-inch Piece of Fresh Ginger, sliced into pieces
- 4 cups Filtered Water
- 2 Tbsp Agave, Maple Syrup, or Brown Sugar (I generally avoid brown sugar, but I did use it in this)
- 8 black tea bags
Begin by heating water in a stockpot over medium heat. Add whole spices, ginger, and ground nutmeg. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Add sweetener and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain off whole spices and tea bags. Allow to cool and refrigerate for up to a week, or add to warmed up almond or coconut milk and enjoy.