Let’s face it, Minnesota winters are long, cold, and pretty depressing for most people. To beat the winter blues that are so common around here, there are a few things that I like to do to uplift my spirits.
- Snowshoe- I received two sets of snowshoes as a Christmas gift a few years back… and I snowshoe as often as the weather will allow.
- Craft/Paint- I love to settle into a cozy house and craft or paint… There’s nothing like doing something inspiring and productive when it’s too cold to be outside.
- Photography- I try to photograph the snowy landscapes to remind myself of how beautiful it is.
- Moonlight Walks- When the moon is big enough, the light reflects off of the snow, and I enjoy walking through the woods late at night.
- Read- I love to cozy up inside and drink tea and crack open a good book.
- Have a Fire- Gathering wood and having a bonfire is a wonderful way to enjoy a warmer winter day, you know, like when it’s about 20 degrees F.
- Play With My Nieces- Just the other day, my sister and I put her littlest one’s car seat into a sled and my two nieces, sister, and I stomped through a foot and a half of snow. It was a wonderful reminder of how much joy the snow used to bring me as a child.
- Yoga- To keep my spirits up in any season, I do yoga. It is the best way to clear my mind and stretch, move, and strengthen my body.
- Cook Wonderful Meals- I love to eat in any season, I won’t pretend I don’t. There is something especially wonderful, though, about eating a fabulous meal when the weather is so cold and dreary. There isn’t much that is as comforting as some warming, delicious food during the winter.
- Spend Time With Friends- It warms the soul to spend time with really special people. I’ve been enjoying a lot of time playing board games with friends lately.
Well, that’s it… What are your favorite things to do in winter?