I love miso soup. I like to buy chickpea miso, to avoid soy. The cold weather has been encouraging me to eat soup quite often.
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/2 medium sized yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 medium sized carrot, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp dried arame, soaked for 10 minutes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp umeboshi vinegar
Pour one inch of water into bottom of stockpot. Turn stove to medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, and sea salt. Simmer until onion is translucent.
Add carrot and simmer until just tender. Add remaining water, cabbage, arame, and mushrooms. Simmer until all vegetables are tender.
Reduce heat to low. After five minutes, add miso paste and umeboshi vinegar. Gently stir until miso paste is incorporated.
Serve and enjoy.