I love noodles. I could eat various types of noodles every day. This however, is one of my favorite noodley recipes. My sister loves it too and when we make meals together, she often asks if we can make this pad thai and spring rolls. They do pair well together if you happen to really like noodles.
- 1 package brown rice fettuccine noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled into ribbons, then sliced thinly
- 1 red/orange/yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 handful fresh basil, cut into a chiffonade
- 1-2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- juice of three limes (have a fourth for slicing for garnishes)
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari if you can tolerate soy)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
Begin by setting water on to boil for the noodles.
While water comes to a boil, heat oil in skillet.
Add garlic and onions and saute until translucent. Add carrot, broccoli, and peppers and saute until just tender.
When water boils, add noodles and cook al dente. Strain and rinse with cold water.
Add all remaining ingredients to sauteeing vegetables. Stir until combined and all ingredients are coated with peanut butter and other sauce ingredients.
Once all ingredients are cooked and heated through, serve garnished with lime wedges and sprinkle a dash of cayenne on top if desired. Enjoy!