Summer is finally here! Well, it’s been raining a lot and only been in the seventies (which I am actually quite thrilled with), but it finally feels like summer here in Minnesota. For me that means lots of gardening, photographing weddings almost every Saturday, and eating a lot of watermelon.
Every summer, though, it feels like time flies by too quickly, and all too soon, the snow is falling. In order to try to get a lot out of my summer free time, I decided to write a summer bucket list. Even if I don’t accomplish everything on it, I think it’ll be a good reminder to myself to try to seek out opportunities to enjoy the few months of summer we get.
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go to the farmer’s market
- Learn a new song on my dulcimer
- Take a long bike ride
- Go roller blading
- Watch fireworks
- Go swimming with my nieces
- Spend at least five days on my favorite lake
- Go to 3 different state parks
- Go camping
- Have several bonfires
- Watch some live music outdoors
- Go on a roadtrip (even if it’s just a day trip)
- Go golfing
- Do an oil painting (before I really began to love watercolors, I liked oils best)
- Go computer-less one day a week (I don’t have a smart phone, so this will be especially easy)
- Do a LOT of yoga
- Read good books
- Get strong arms (this goes with the above mentioned, lots of yoga)
What’s on your summer bucket list?