I made this meal for my sister and boy, did we love it. So many textures and flavors. It’s a little bit time consuming, but if you pace things just right, super simple.
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 2 medium sized beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 baby bok choy heads, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 Tblsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tblsp Miso (I use chickpea miso because I’m sensitive to soy)
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt
- green onion, sliced for topping
- 2 Tblsp tahini
- 2 Tblsp Miso
- 2 Tblsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 lemons worth of juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Blend dressing together. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix together coconut aminos, miso, water, and a pinch of salt. Place onion slices in a shallow pan. Pour sauce over and roast for 1/2 hour.
Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil and sea salt. Pour onto cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes to a half hour.
Par boil the slices of sweet potatoes. When just beginning to get tender, place on a cookie sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
Rinse pot from sweet potatoes, fill will water and beets and simmer until just tender.
Saute’ baby bok choy in 2 Tblsp water and 1 Tbsp coconut aminos. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
When everything is cooked through, layer into a bowl and drizzle with dressing. Top with green onions.